Recently, I’ve been really into eating brunch every Saturday; however, instead of going out to eat my weekly Eggs Benedict, I had a sudden craving for some delicious fluffy french toast or pancakes. After having a long internal debate on where I would go to find some delicious sugary sweet pastries, I decided to whip up my own version of french toast topped with plenty of fruits and a generous serving of whipped cream – as much as my little heart desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Times: 15-20 minutes
Makes 8 slices of thick fluffy French Toast
- 8 slices of thick toast
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- fresh fruits (optional)
- whip cream (optional)
- condensed milk (optional)
It took a while to go out shopping for the materials needed (finding thick toast is oddly quite hard); however, the end result was definitely worth it! I ended up buying a loaf of whole wheat bread and took it home to slice to my desired thickness.
- Pour the flour, eggs, ground cinnamon, sugar, vanilla extract and salt into a bowl. Whisk the milk in until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Melt enough butter to cover the surface area of the pan.
- Dip the thick bread into the mixture. Place the bread mixture on the frying pan and grill until golden brown.
- Cut the bread into triangular halves and serve with fresh fruits and whipped cream.
- Drizzle some condensed milk on top and enjoy!