So recently, I’ve been going through this “Healthy food” eating attempt, so I’ve been flipping through the “Health” magazine to find good recipes to try. So kudos to Health Magazine for selecting this tangy and healthy snack. I’ve made some slight changes to their recipe, but I hope you will all enjoy this one just the same. (:
Cooking time: Approximately 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup of Plain Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoons of Honey (I used Organic Wildberry Honey, but I’m sure any will do)
- Any fruit of your choice! (although I would recommend pineapples, they usually come out the best. However, I used apples and bananas for my attempt)
1. Mix the 1/2 cup of Plain Low-Fat Yogurt with the Honey. Stir till mixture is consistent.
2. Pre-heat the grill pan.
3. Take the fruit that you want and slice it. Place fruit over the grill pan; heat on low (the time it takes here for the grill depends on the fruit. Usually sweeter fruits, such as bananas, take much less time than fruits which are less sweet, such as apples.)
4. Serve the grilled fruit with the dip and munch away!
On a side note, I have discovered that dipping Wheat Thins into the Honey-Yogurt dip is very yummy.
Credits to Health Magazine (December 2009 edition), page46